Marshmallow Root Extract
May 1, 2019
Marshmallow Root Extract
The plant itself is native to Europe but has been cultivated in North America as well. It has been used in the United States specifically for its medicinal benefits from the roots.
The Marshmallow root (Radix) contains Mucilage, Polysaccharides ,Quercetin , Kaempferol , flavones and so on . We are very specialized in extracting the Polysaccharides from Althaea Radix . Specification range from 20%-50% Polysaccharides by UV methods.
Herb dried marshmallow leaf cut and sifted smoking for sale
Figure 5 marshmallow extract and marshmallow root
Benefits of Marshmallow Root Extract
1.One of the ways it has been used for hundreds of years is a soothing agent for conditions such as sore throats, coughs and other respiratory problems. It can help with relief from pain caused by bronchitis and whooping cough.
- It is helpful in breaking up phlegm as well. Some studies indicate that marshmallow root extract is an effective product for weight loss. It is believed that the product swells in the stomach and creates a full feeling. It does not burn fat, but can cause people to consume less. In addition to this, it has also been used readily as an aid for diarrhea as well as to minimize discomfort from indigestion.
- Other studies indicate it is a good alternative to harsher medications for the treatment of gastrointestinal reflux disease and Crohn’s disease.
- In addition, it can be placed on sores and inflammation on the skin and works as an anti-inflammatory medication. In this regard, it can help to reduce pain and help speed healing. Although you should check with the manufacturer first, some products may be mixed with water and swished around the mouth to reduce bacteria and inflammation there. Small drops may be placed on a child’s gums to help sooth pain caused by teeth.
5.Marshmallow leaves for cough and sore throat is a useful remedy. Calming effect of Marshmallow leaves on body can be experienced by smoking and drinking.
Daily Dosage of Marshmallow products
Maximum recommended dose of marshmallow leaves not more than 5 grams per day! However strength of preparations may vary, so manufacturer’s instructions should be followed whenever available. Below information for your reference :
- Loose leaves / leaves powder: one to two ml of Marshmallow extract, two to three times a day (equivalent to 5grams of marshmallow leaves daily ).
- Infusion:1-2 grams of leaves in 150 ml water, two to three times daily. Soak one to two grams of leaves for 1 hour in 150 ml of cold water. stir, strain and warm before drinking, 2-3 times/day.
3.Capsules: Three 400mg capsules of marshmallow polysaccharides at most 3 times a day.
- Tincture 1:2 (25-50%) = Herb: Water (Alcohol%) – 1ml of tincture in water 2-3 times/day.