Ellagic Acid Powder
Apr 27, 2019
Description of Ellagic acid
[Product Name]: Ellagic acid
[Latin Name]: Punica Granatum L.
[Apperance]: Gray powder
Ellagic Acid: 40%, 50%, 90%, 95% (HPLC)
Polyphenols: 40%, (UV)
Punicalagins: 20%, 30%, 40%, (HPLC)
Ratio products: 5:1-20:1
Top Sale 90% Ellagic Acid Powder Price Solubility In Water
Pomegranate Extract Ellagic acid has antioxidant, anti-mutagen and anti-cancer properties. Studies have shown the anti-cancer activity on cancer cells of the breast, oesophagus, skin, colon, prostate and pancreas. More specifically, ellagic acid prevents the destruction of P53 gene by cancer cells. Ellagic acid can bind with cancer causing molecules, thereby making them inactive. In their studie The effects of dietary ellagic acid on rat hepatic and esophageal mucosal cytochromes P450 and phase II enzymes. Ahn D et al showed that ellagic acid causes a decrease in total hepatic mucosal cytochromes and an increase in some hepatic phase II enzyme activities, thereby enhancing the ability of the target tissues to detoxify the reactive intermediates. Ellagic acid showed also a chemoprotective effect against various chemically induced cancers. Ellagic acid has also been said to reduce heart disease, birth defects, liver problems, and to promote wound healing.
Function of Ellagic acid
- Anti-cancer and anti-mutation. It has been proved to be an effective anti-carcinogen upon carcinoma of rectum and colon, esophageal carcinoma, liver cancer, lung cancer, carcinoma of tongue and skin.
- Restrain to human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and many kinds of microbe and virus.
- Antioxidant, coagulant, descenting blood pressure and sedation.
- Treat kinds of symptoms caused by high blood sugar, hypertension.
- Resist to atherosclerosis and tumour.
- Resist to antioxidance, senescence inhibition and skin whitening.
Application of Ellagic acid
- Applied in cosmetic field,cactus extract is added in various skin care products for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative action.
- Applied in health product & pharmaceutical field, cactus extract often used in the adjuvant therapy of nephritis, glycuresis, heart disease, obesity, hepatopathy and more.